Thursday, December 16, 2004

Chicken Little in Chief

Anyone who is paying attention knows that social
security is fully funded for the next 40 to 50 years
.

So of course there is nothing for it, Bush would have us believe, but
to destroy it now!  Right now!!

The last time we saw W. in this much of a lather was when he was jumping
up and down and insisting, against all reason and evidence, that we had
to go to war in Iraq right away! Right away!!  Remember how there
was no time to plan or consider, no time to explore options or cultivate
allies to share the burden? Are there five people left in the entire country
who think that was a good idea?

How did our leader express it, in all his forceful eloquence,

Fool me once, shame on… you.  Fool me twice, shame on…  Shame
on…  Won’t get fooled again.

Play us out, Pete:

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgment of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  (sit down, Howard.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home